Frequently Asked Questions :-
Q1 : Is The Design Center for Kitchen & Bath Remodel open to the general public?
A1: Yes, The Design Center in Frisco and FloorAccents in Highland Village are open to the general public, and ready to serve the any customer in surrounding areas.
Q2: What is the role of The Design Center in a remodeling job?
A2: Our roles starts with helping the customers pick, and choose, color co-ordinations, and design sketches then move to the implementation steps starting with demo and ending with installation and touch-up.
Q3: Shower/Bathroom Remodel cost lots of money. Which part cost the most?
A3: The simple answer is: Everything behind the tiles. In details and in not particular order:
- Demo and removal.
- Shower pan
- Hardie backer
- Cubie & Bench
- “Create the slope” Plumbing codes require a slope of 1/4 inch per foot.
- Centering the drain or sometimes relocating the drain
- Red Guard
- Tile labor for shower floor and walls
- Tile labor for rest of bathroom
- Vanity and installation
- Counter top
- Plumbing again to connect basin or sink.
- Order glass to measurements and install
Q4: How long does a Kitchen remodel job take?
A4: Assuming no flooring is required:
- Order new Cabinets : May take upto 6 weeks. (5-6 weeks for Kraftmaid, 3-4 for weeks for Merillat, 2-3 weeks for Waypoint and One week for others)
- Note : OLD KITCHEN IS STILL USABLE DURING WAIT-TIME
- Removal of old kitchen begins once new cabinets are received (2-3D)
- Install new cabinets (2-3 days)
- Request profiling for countertop (1-2 Day)
- Deliver and install countertop (7-9 Days)
- Install backsplash (2-3 days)
- Perform touchup (1-2 Day)
Q5: Why the cost difference between different kitchen cabinet makers?
A5: Assuming same wood spices. Then the following are some factors:
- Wood grade
- Ply wood or particle wood and thickness
- Allow wood to settle to stabilize movement.
- Sanding machines combined with hand sanding
- Joint sealant to reduce joint lines
- Number of coats
- Dove tails construction
- Six-way adjustable hinges.
- Smooth close with height calibration option
- Weight that Glides can handle.
- Internal finish
- Overall construction including end-panels that prevent twisting of cabinets during shipping and handling.